This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Binding not working as expected

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:51 PM
I have this setup

_binfingManager.Bind(txtCodPostal, c => c.Text).To(_view, c => c.CodigoPostal).TwoWay().Activate();

The property "get" is fired 2 times and the "set" every time o type a letter in the textbox the "get" is hit 2 times before the "set" and none after, so the modifications you do that can change the text is not updated in the UI

Is there any way to make the propertychanged event only on validation/lost focus of a text box? like there is with the standard winforms BindingManager

Thanks
Coordinator
Mar 9, 2015 at 2:28 PM
Hi Ruben Alves,

MvvmFx doesn't support the no OnValidation binding mode.
Concerning the event getting fired twice, can you please check the alternative syntax (not the fluent one) and report back? TIA
Mar 12, 2015 at 2:16 PM
I tried this:

_bindingManager.Bindings.Add(new MvvmFx.Windows.Data.Binding(txtReferencia,"Text",_view,"Referencia"));

And the Get is hit 2 times before the Set
The getter is not suposed to get hit at all because we are setting a value and the control already knows what the value is.

Regards,
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2015 at 9:38 PM
Hi Ruben Alves,

It looks like we are able to use Codeplex normally again. Concerning the "update bound value on Validate event" request, it was committed on change sets #82488 and #82489.

Concerning the events fired twice, on change set #82490, I committed a sample just to test for this issue. And... there is an issue. The binding library works ok, so it's not a critical issue. Certainly it can be improved but fixes like this one can bring real bugs.

For the moment a medium priority issue was registered for this purpose.
Apr 13, 2015 at 9:56 PM
So i have to download the source code and compile it?

Any nuget package update?

Thanks
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2015 at 8:59 PM
Edited Apr 14, 2015 at 9:00 PM
Hi Ruben Alves,

The next NuGet package will be released when the Caliburn.Micro port is stable enough so I don't have to re-release a package two weeks later. So, the answer is: no, not yet.
May 2, 2015 at 12:38 PM
Any news on the new version?

Regards