This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

MVVM for WinForms/VisualWebGui sample apps

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know of or have a simple (or not so simple) sample WinForms or VisualWebGui (preferable) application (source code), which implements the MVVM pattern and uses MVVMFX to implement it?

Thanks,

Alex

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Edited Oct 17, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Hi Alex,

I've ported MVVM Light to MVVM FX. MVVM Light has a second project MvvmLight.Extras and that one isn't ported to MVVM FX.

The problem is the EventToCommand class that uses System.Windows.Interactivity. The later must be partially ported to MVVM FX (meaning not depending on any WPF assembly). An implementation just for MVVM Light is quite easy to do but I want something that can also be used by the ongoing port of Caliburn.Micro to MVVM FX. Those ports may be done in separate timeframes but the design of class relationships must be done before closing the MVVM Light project, so later changes won't break the implementation.

I'm also involved on other open source projects (CSLA related) and following Framework .NET 4.5 release, those projects are undergoing a major release. I guess I can restart the work on this matter by November.

Back to the MVVM sample application I found out that it's not easy to port WPF applications since they rely on XAML that hides a lot of things. So it must be made on purpose. A sample like you ask is planned, maybe between the MVVM Light and Caliburn.Micro ports.

Anyway I can send you the base MVVM Light port (excluding MvvmLight.Extras). Please make a contact (http://www.codeplex.com/site/users/view/tiago) and include your email address so I can send you the source.

Regards,

Tiago Freitas Leal

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:26 PM

By the way, this can also be a simple MVPVM samle application for VisualWebGui/WinForms.

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:31 PM

So, you can send me the MVVM Light port, Tiago.

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Hi Alex,

I had a good look and the MVVM Light port is already on MVVM FX sources. That's all I have for now.

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2012 at 1:33 AM

MVVM FX and the MVVM Light Toolkit partial ports were published on NuGet. Look for mvvmfx

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Hi Tiago,

Could you provide a simple sample project/solution on how to use MVVM Light port to build an MVVM Visual WebGUI application, consisting of just 2-3 simple data entry forms? Which shows how to initialize the application and its start-up form, how to load views etc.

Alex

Coordinator
Oct 31, 2012 at 4:28 AM

Hi Alex,

As I explained above, a MVVM Light sample is planned but doesn't exist at present..

Regards,

Tiago Freitas Leal